My Blog List

Friday, March 25, 2016

Good Friday

Well, today didn't turn out quite like I had planned.

After Mass last night, Nathan could not stop coughing, we had to use his albuterol inhaler for the first time in a few months, and I think the incense is to blame. So we decided to stay home from the Veneration of the Cross and give him a bit of a break before the Easter Vigil tomorrow. He already seems to be doing much better, so I think it was a good call. Kind of sad though since he probably was looking forward to going more than any of us.

It ended up being a pretty low key day, we talked a bit about what today meant, Maddie was interested to know that this was the day that Jesus died (she kept asking after Mass last night if Jesus had died yet). And then tonight, we prayed the Stations of the Cross.

I took the kids to see the Life Teen Living Stations of the Cross last week, so it was still pretty fresh in their minds as we read through each station.

We used the candle holder that my dad made when I was younger, and the kids took turns blowing out the candles after each station until we were left in darkness.

It was a nice way to end the day and really reflect on it's meaning.


No comments:

Post a Comment