My Blog List

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

New Year

Maddie is learning consonants sounds this week and has been yelling "blog blog blog" all morning, think she is trying to tell me something?

Happy New Year!

I guess I'll start off the year with my goals/resolutions.

1. I am going to run a half marathon. I signed up. It's real. I'm kind of scared. But it's going to be awesome. Yesterday was supposed to be my first run and wouldn't you know it was -40 with the windchill. Yeah, that didn't happen. I'll try again next week when we have warmer weather. I never thought I'd use "warm" to describe 30's and 40's, but gosh is it cold right now!

2. I am going to organize my house. I know what you are thinking, this has been my resolution for the last 2 years. Still chipping away, it's going to be my resolution until it's done. So far I'm making some progress, the girls room and closet is all cleaned out and organized, hall closet and shoes are done, all of the kids clothes are organized and sorted. THAT was a project. Who knew Elise had enough 18 month-2T clothes to clothe 6 children comfortably for a year? But I also learned she owns about 6 3T items, which explains why she often is walking around the house in shorts or pajama pants when she decides to dress herself.

We're only a week in, but I'm feeling good about them.

I'm also doing a few things just to make my life easier, not exactly a resolution, but just a good time of year to add things to my routine.

The first is to be a little bit more deliberate with menu planning, we always plan out our week, but I usually end up forgetting what we planned on halfway through the week, or losing the piece of scrap paper I wrote it on and then trying to guess what I was going to make with the ingredients that I bought.

I figure if I post here, or at least on google drive with links to the recipes I looked up and then closed, I might actually remember.

Here was last week
Thursday: Lasagna
Friday: Mashed potatoes and parsnips, london broil, broccoli
Saturday: Bean soup with kale and leeks
Sunday: Quinoa/couscous salad, kabobs
Monday: Sweet Potatoes, green beans, rice
Tuesday: Chicken Tortilla Soup

helping daddy do dishes while he was home over Christmas break

tasting some kale


came out from putting Maddie down for a nap to the kids helping Anthony make dinner

No comments:

Post a Comment