My Blog List

Thursday, May 30, 2013

First day alone with four

First of all, she's here! I'll post more on that later when I figure out this posting pictures issue I am having, because what fun is a baby post without pictures?

Today is my first day home alone with all four kids. I wouldn't exactly say I'm worried, I've done the four kids thing before, I even had one crazy day of five that I am so not ready to experience full time yet (at least not 5 under 6 while 32 weeks pregnant!). But it's going to be a bit of a crazy day I think.

I'll update here throughout the day just like I did when Elise was born because that was just really fun to look back on once it was over :)

Today is an extra long first day since Anthony has softball tonight too, luckily I have some crockpot meals all ready to go, so hopefully it will go nice and smoothly until bedtime and then Maddie and I can relax for the evening.

5:30 Nathan comes in to ask me if it's morning yet. No, it is not.


6:15 boys are up for the day

6:30 Elise comes in to snuggle with me and Maddie for a little bit before we get up

7 Everyone is eating breakfast, and then the kids get to watch some Jake and the Neverland Pirates while I feed Maddie and have some coffee

7:55 Elise has her first meltdown about not being allowed to kiss the baby while she is sleeping. She decides she needs to cry in her room for a minute to regain her composure

7:59 Elise decides to cry in her room again because I won't let her dump out a bag of knitting things.

8:00 "I'm okay now, I go play now"

8:10 Explain to the boys the plan for chores today

9:00 1 load of laundry sorted (boys), craft room half organized (me) taking a break for some Lego Star Wars and to feed the baby.

10:00 2 loads of laundry sorted, craft room 2/3 done. Break for snack. Number of Noah timeouts: 3

10:17 Elise dumps out 30oz of water on the floor while I am untangling yarn

10:20 Elise drinks the rest of my cold coffee while I am cleaning up the water

10:25 Noah has a meltdown and decides he is too tired to help clean up, and too hungry to take a nap, so he's going to throw paper airplanes instead

11:00 break for some more Jake and the Neverland Pirates. Number of Noah timeouts: 5

11:26 Elise put salt on her cookies from snack time, we're just going with it.

12:00 lunch. Noah is having a pretty intense conversation with the white cheddar bunnies from his lunch.

12:29 Elise squishes half of her banana with her hand just for fun, then yells "I wipe my own self!" until I hand over the wipes.

1:00 naptime and a piece of cheesecake for me

1:49 Wake up to Nathan and Noah running around the dinning room with water guns...Elise wakes up. Everyone is crabby.

2:30 fold all of the laundry that the boys sorted this morning, Elise steals her 3rd banana of the day while I'm busy

3:30 Throw in a loaf of bread in the bread machine to go with dinner

4:15 Trying to feed the baby and clean up in the kitchen, tell Noah to get out of the pack n play for the 500th time today.

4:38 officially give up on trying to accomplish something today and am just counting down until bed time.2 hours and 22 minutes to go.

5:22 Stop stalling and force myself to at least do the dishes since the bread won't be done for another 25 minutes

6:50 Trying to get everyone down for bed. Maddie is the only one listening. 

7:15 Everyone is at least quiet and in their own rooms if not yet asleep. Some days I really just don't possess the patience to be Noah's mother.

House is a mess, you wouldn't know I spent the entire day trying to clean it. At least the clothes are clean and sorted if not put away. Dishes are done, craft room is still about 2/3 done, and that's about it.

It sounds like a crazy day, but really it was just like any other day only I'm functioning on way less sleep than I got napping for the last week, and I have to nurse a really relaxed baby every couple of hours who just sleeps or looks around during the in between times.

Hopefully only about 3 more hours until Anthony is home, but I'm not anticipating anything exciting happening before then. 

No comments:

Post a Comment