My Blog List

Friday, May 10, 2013

An update on us

No, I'm not dead, just busier than we've been in a long long time.

I'll try and keep it short in the hopes that I'll update more frequently now, I will soon have lots of time to sit in front of the computer with a nursing baby :)

Nathan just finished up his first year of school this week, he absolutely loved preschool and can't wait for kindergarten in the fall! He's learning to read and spends most of his days building detailed Lego creations, I'm surprised daily by how smart he is! He's also recently started doing 3 part math facts in his head. No one taught him to do it, he just decided it would be fun!


Noah is growing up more and more every day. He loves food and to cook and is often found making breakfast for himself and Elise if I am taking just a little too long to get to it in the morning for his liking. He and Elise have really become buddies this year with their time together while Nathan is in school, it's fun to watch the 2 of them play together and come up with plans for what they are going to do that day.


Elise is 2 going on 15. She potty trained herself a few months ago, and only has the occasional accident here and there. I haven't had to do a thing, she just decided one day she wanted to do it and that was that. I may have to have her train the next baby for me ;) She routinely puts herself in a timeout if she gets too upset, and them comes out and tells us she is sorry when she is done. She's still obsessed with clothes and shoes and hair stuff, I have never met a girlier girl.


Anthony has been going to grad school this year and it's been a bit of an adjustment for us getting used to not having him home several nights a week. We're definitely looking forward to some more family time this summer now that he is off until fall.

I'm 34 weeks pregnant and hoping this baby stays put just a little bit longer before making an appearance. It's been a bit of a difficult pregnancy for me especially near the end here as I developed Symphysis pubis dysfunction (SPD) which basically means that the ligaments in my pelvis have loosened up much more than they are supposed to which can make it difficult and painful to do simple things like stand up from sitting, roll over in bed, and even walk. I've been in physical therapy 2-3 times a week for the last month and while this can't correct the problem, has definitely helped manage it so I can continue to do everyday things as long as I take it easy. I really look forward to my therapy time, since it's the only time I'm completely pain free and I can move and stretch in ways I haven't been able to in months! Thankfully this is a problem that will most likely disappear completely after the baby is born, so while it's frustrating now, it's nice to know it's a short lived problem.


Aside from that I've been babysitting, and teaching ballet, both of which have become increasingly more difficult. While some might think it sounds silly, I'm definitely looking forward to a break once the baby is here!

And that's about it for us! We have a crazy couple of months ahead of us, but I'm hoping I'll find some more time to keep things updated!

No comments:

Post a Comment