My Blog List

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Pumpkin Cake in a Mug

I really wanted something pumpkin-y for breakfast this morning, but the kids were not in the mood. So I started searching for a pumpkin cake in a mug recipe, and this is what I came up with first, quick and simple.

Ingredients
1 egg
2 tablespoons skim milk
1/4 cup pumpkin puree
7 tablespoons all purpose flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup white sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt

Dump all ingredients into a large mug, mix with a fork. The other recipe said to use a whisk or a fork, I tried the whisk first since I love whisked, bad idea. There was not enough room in the mug to move it around enough to mix, and the batter just stuck inside the whisk. Using a fork worked MUCH better.

Put in the microwave for 1 minute and 30 seconds and check. Keep cooking for 30 seconds at a time until finished. Mine was probably done in about 1 minute and 45 seconds, and I will probably just set the time for that next time.

And that's it! It's moist, the perfect size for breakfast, and it took me less than 5 minutes from start to finish.


No comments:

Post a Comment