My Blog List

Monday, October 1, 2012

Pumpin Spice Latte


It's that time of year again! I have lots of new pumpkin recipes to try out, and hopefully I get through most of them.

Life's a little crazy at the moment, as we are still adjusting to preschool and an extra toddler around here a few days a week, but I'm going to do my best to try and keep up with this anyway!
______________________

I've tried out a crock pot recipe before, and it pretty much just tasted like warm milk with pumpkin puree in it. So I went searching for another recipe and decided to give this one a try.

It's pretty simple, quick and you don't need any extra equipment to make it

Here is the recipe from the blog, but I have to confess that aside from the milk, I didn't measure anything, just sort of put in what felt right, the recipe is a good guideline though

Ingredients
  • 1 cup coffee
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1T pumpkin puree
  • 1t brown sugar
  • 1t vanilla extract
  • 1/4t pumpkin pie spice (I used the pumpkin pie spice recipe I shared last year)

Put the milk, pumpkin, brown sugar, vanilla and pumpkin pie spice in a microwaveable bowl (I just used the measuring cup)

Whisk together and microwave for 1 minute and 30 seconds or until hot, but not exploding :)
mmmm ready to go in the microwave

My blurry, sleepy, morning helper

Pour milk into a large mug filling about halfway, fill the rest of the mug with coffee

You can then add more cream or sugar as needed. I put about a teaspoon of sugar in and it was perfect

Drink!

It doesn't taste like a Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte, but it is good, and definitely not as milky or watered down as the crock pot recipe I've tried before.

No comments:

Post a Comment