My Blog List

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Pumpkin Apple Muffins

We wanted some muffins for breakfast this morning, but were fresh out of eggs. I'd heard people say that you could substitute applesauce for eggs in some recipes before, so decided to give it a try and sort of made up my own recipe taking bits and pieces from others (to make sure it wasn't just a ball of crumbs in a muffin liner) and the result was amazing! I have to write it down right away before I forget what I did.

Makes 12

Ingredients
1 1/2 cups flour
1t baking powder
1 cup pumpkin puree
1/3 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup of applesauce (I used homemade chunky applesauce that we made earlier in the week, just apples heated in the crockpot with some cinnamon and then mashed with a potato masher when they got soft)
1t pumpkin pie spice
1 1/4 cups sugar
1/2t baking soda
1/2t salt

Cinnamon Sugar Topping
1T sugar
1t cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Put the pumpkin, oil, applesauce, pumpkin pie spice, sugar, baking soda and salt in mixer and beat well with whisk (or use a bowl and whisk, I love my mixer too much to use anything else)

add flour and baking powder and mix just until the flour is incorporated into the mixture

Divide evenly into muffin tin

Mix cinnamon and sugar together for topping and sprinkle over the tops

Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a knife or toothpick comes out clean from center

Enjoy! They are so moist and tasty! We devoured 12 of them in no time between the four of us for a perfect breakfast

No comments:

Post a Comment