My Blog List

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

The Fair!

I was in 4-H from the time I was 8 years old, all the way through high school, and I even worked for our county extension office for 2 years while I was in college helping with our 4-H program and the fair. It's a big part of who I am, It's exciting to take my kids there now counting down the years until they can be involved in 4-H (Nathan can be a Cloverbud next year!)

This year we actually had access to a car during the fair week for the first time in several years, so we took advantage and went every day. It was nice to just pop in for a few hours with the kids and then be able to make it back home for nap time.

I entered some knitting in the fair for the 3rd year this year, and ended up with 2 first places, 2 seconds, and best of show knitting! It couldn't have gone much better. It brings back 4-H memories to plan out what I want to make or which items I am going to enter and then trying to get up there as soon as I can (or send someone else to check) on Monday to see how I did.


Another exciting new thing happened at the fair this year, we picked out or first pet, a mini lop rabbit for Nathan. He is SO excited and is loving playing with Snappy (named by Nathan). Elise especially loves our bunny and is the only one brave enough to hold her so far, I think she would pick her up herself and carry her around if I would let her.


We ate lots of fair food, watched the dock dogs, saw lots of animals and exhibits, and we can't wait to do it all again next year!
 


1 comment:

  1. Fun! Our fair isn't for another month or so, but I'm excited to take Grace!

    ReplyDelete