My Blog List

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Spring Cleaning

I wish I could say this was a post about my awesome organizational skills, and how I have cleaned my whole house...but it's not.

But I'm getting the itch to do a deep clean. We've been here almost a year, and things still aren't quite exactly how I'd like them. My New Years resolution was to get more organized, and while I've made some small progress, I'm ready for something on a bigger scale.

I'm declaring next week the start of spring cleaning. I have this thing about having to start new schedules or habits on a Monday. I don't know why, I just have to start at the beginning. Which makes this week planning week. I always do better when I have a plan, and I REALLY like planning. So here it goes.

My plan is deep clean and organize one room each day, and hopefully at the end of all of this we will have a perfectly clean and organized house!

Monday: Master bathroom
Tuesday: Main bathroom
Wednesday: Elise's room
Thursday: Boy's bedroom
Friday: Laundry room
Saturday: Office/craft room
Sunday: Off day/catch up with everyday things
Monday: Playroom (ugh)
Tuesday: Master bedroom
Wednesday: Living room
Thursday: Dining room
Friday: Kitchen

Alright, so it's going to take 2 weeks, but it will be so worth it to finally feel good about everything.

I'll update our progress as we go, one room at a time, exactly how I want it.

Then we can move on to the outside of the house! I really want to plant flowers this year along with our vegetable garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment