My Blog List

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Spring cleaning fail, and some Nathan moments

So spring cleaning this week? Total and complete failure. I think I looked at the master bathroom on Monday...and then just laughed at the thought of actually finding the time to clean it.

You see we are sick, again. Mostly Elise this time, which means that my arms have no other job but t hold her, 24 hours a day. I'm holding her right now as I type this. She will tolerate me doing a few other things while holding her, for very small amounts of time.

We took her to the Dr Tuesday for a suspected ear infection since she'd been running a fever of 102.5. And she was totally fine. Ears clear, lungs clear, just working extra hard at fighting that off. She even looked better for a day after that...and then the fever came back last night.

She's also managed to pass her baby disease on to Anthony and I, who now both have sore throats. So as you can imagine, not much deep cleaning has been going on here this week. We'll try again when everyone is at least mostly healthy.

I'll leave you with a few "Nathanisms" that have been cracking me up this week

N: I played with that was I was a grown up, not a baby
Me: But you're not a grown up yet
N: I am a tiny grown up

N: Did you know fireworks are made of fire?

N: This house is boring, I miss my condo house

N: I am the fastest runner in the world!

This one is not so much funny as it is amazing
N: Mom, do you remember that time that we went to the movie theater, and it was dark, and we saw "The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything"?
I took them to see that movie in July 2010 when he was 2. And I don't think I've talked about the fact that we went since then.

He's been very nostalgic this week, remembering all sorts of things that happened a year ago or more.

And I'm just realizing I have NO new pictures of the kids. I've been slacking on that lately. I need to remember to take some more this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment