My Blog List

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Oh man am I failing at blogging lately! I haven't even kept up with my bare minimum weekly posts that I promised myself I would do. Oops!

Well, here's what we've been up to...

Nathan
Practicing his counting, running all over the house like a wild man, and talking my ear off. Literally.
I have had experience with chatty kids before, but this is a whole other level. I think this must be my payback for what I am sure I did to my mom. He just never stops! Luckily what he says is pretty entertaining. I've been contemplating starting a whole section on the blog for things he says.

Noah
He is going to kill me one day when he reads these posts, but I'm hoping potty training attempt #234653 is finally THE one. It seems that fruit snacks are the key. I might be giving him fruit snacks for using the bathroom until he is 10, but if it means I don't have to clean up any more messes? Then I'm all for it.

Elise
Probably the main reason this blog has been so neglected. She went from being sick and clingy, to just clingy because she forgot that you weren't supposed to be held 24 hours a day, to getting FOUR teeth in one week. She only had four to start with, so we doubled the number of teeth in just 6 or 7 days!

So really, I haven't put her down in about 3 weeks. And she doesn't like when I do other things while holding her. She is 100% convinced that my sole purpose in life is to hold her and look at her adoringly while doing nothing else. Even talking to other people like her daddy are out of the question. She's a very spoiled, jealous little girl who wants all of her mommy's attention.

Anthony has been working a lot of overtime, which is great, but means I'm being stretched out a little thinner than usual around the house and with the kids. It's been a few weeks of laundry, dishes, sweeping the floor (all while holding the baby) repeat.

In the few minutes of "free" time I have, I've been knitting a lot which is fun, though my fingers haven't been working as fast as the ideas in my head. So the list of things I want to do is getting longer by the day.

We've also been trying out some new recipes, one of our favorites is for homemade goldfish crackers! I'm going to try and post more about that later since we just had so much fun making them.

Our lent is going well, we gave up tv during the day except for an occasional movie as a treat. It was hard the first couple of days when I really just wanted to make dinner in peace, but everyone is adjusting and finding plenty of other things to do around the house.

I'm going to try and keep this a little more updated, but I'm making no promises with the clingy baby around. She's momentarily distracted by a book on the floor, so I jumped on the chance for some blog time!

Finally finished the crazy socks, and LOVE the way they turned out. Unfortunately didn't get any pictures when they were both done
Some new boots for Elise...which she hates. But I like to just look at them, so it was worth it.
So mad that I am not holding her right now, and worse, making her wear boots while not holding her.
An idea I had for Elise's Easter shrug. This one will go with a little dress I am knitting.

1 comment:

  1. Love everything that you just knit! And I can totally relate to that picture of Elise- Grace wants to be near me ALL the time, unless she's eating. Hope things calm down for you!

    ReplyDelete