My Blog List

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Waiting

Those who know me know that I am NOT a patient person. I may appear patient at one time or another, but it takes a lot, and in no way comes to me naturally.

Advent is all about waiting, and being patient. Preparing yourself for Jesus. Not only in the manger, but when he comes again. 

Every year I have these great plans, all of the wonderful things I am going to do to prepare for Jesus during this special time...and then by about day 10 (if I'm lucky) distractions and my lack of patience get the better of me. By the time Christmas gets here I'm filled with regret over what I could have done, and how I wasted that special time.

It's not just a season though. Our longing for Christ doesn't end just because Christmas is here. We're still waiting, and we don't know how long our wait will be. It requires patience past December 25th.

There will be times that I am distracted, or pulled away from my goal, but what's important is that I keep coming back, keep working harder, keep my focus whenever possible on the goal. To be with God in heaven.

He knows my weaknesses, and my strengths. I'm pretty sure those days where I feel like my children are deaf, crazy animals are just times that God wants to help me work just a little bit harder on my patience. At least that is how I am going to try and view it this week.

Dear Lord, help me to be patient with my children, and in waiting for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment