My Blog List

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Advent Calendar

I posted earlier today about the Advent calendar I was going to make for the kids...and about 6 hours later it's done!

Now those were 6 hours also filled with making dinner, putting kids down for naps, changing diapers, feeding babies and all the rest of that normal mom stuff. But still, it felt like it took WAY longer than I thought it would.

I think it turned out really cute!

I had plans to put it on a Melissa and Doug magnet board that the kids have, but it ended up being too big. So it's a refrigerator nativity instead.

Next year I'll get fancy and make number boxes or bags to put each piece in, this year I'm just glad that it's done, even if we are a few days late.

There are 25 pieces, so one for each day in December until Christmas. I'll put all but the first 3 away tonight, and bring out one for the boys to put up every day, but I had to get a picture of it all together first to share!

Thanks to my aunt who sent me some felt, I really only had to buy the white and blue. Including the glue gun and magnets I bought, I spent about $12 on the whole thing. If you already have a glue gun, even purchasing the felt you could probably make it for under $10.

I wish I could say I made some sort of pattern for each of the pieces so it could be replicated, but I really just freehanded the whole thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment