My Blog List

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Thankful

Inspired by a few online friends, and because I like blogging themes, for the next month I am going to try and post once a day what I am thankful for.

I've been very focused lately on what I am DOING and I want to step back and just give thanks to God for what he has already given me.

Today I am thankful for the gift of my faith. I've been wanting to go to morning Mass with the kids for a while, and today being All Saints Day, was a perfect opportunity for us to go. I love feast days and being able to celebrate with my small faith community knowing that I am really celebrating with an even larger community all over the world at the same time.

Anytime I start to feel like all of my friends moved away, and I am longing for the feeling of being a part of something, I don't need to anything but attend Mass and to know that this is where I belong. Especially on the day to celebrate those Saints who have gone before us and are interceding for us!

I had a little help from my mom who was at Mass this morning too. But I'm feeling more confident about just going to morning Mass on our own sometime soon.

To make it even easier the boys were actually excited to go this morning when I woke them up!

Hopefully we'll be able to try it again some time soon.

Feel free to add your own daily thanks to the comments!

2 comments:

  1. I'm thankful for you Sara. My nephews and niece are the greatest things that have ever happened to me. They are the most wonderful kids in the world and i can't help but smile every time i read about the funny things they do. When I'm having a bad day they always make it just a little better. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thanks Colin! You are pretty awesome yourself...but that's a post for another day :)

    ReplyDelete