My Blog List

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Perspective

Today I am thankful for Nathan and his crazy 4 year old perspective on things that keeps me on my toes and laughing.

I got the boys doughnuts yesterday morning, a treat we sometimes get after good behavior at Mass. I try not to bribe them to be good all of the time, but I think a little positive reinforcement can go a LONG way.

Anyway, I pulled over and started handing the doughnuts back to the boys so they could eat them in the car.

Nathan taking off his mittens started to tell me something, his speech isn't always the best, but I was having a particularly hard time understanding what he was trying to tell me.

Nathan: Mom, I will take off my mittens so I don't get (insert word I can't understand) on it.

Me: Oh okay, you don't want to get crumbs on your mittens.

Nathan: NO! I don't want to get (there's that word again) on it.

I'm starting to think it's a little weird he is saying "it", instead of "them" he is usually pretty good about that.

Me: Wait, what are you saying?

Nathan: Wawn, I don't want to get wawn on my doughnut. (Pointing to his mittens)

Me: OH you mean you don't want to get YARN on your doughnut!

Nathan: yeah, sometimes the knit stuff, with the yarn comes off and I don't want any yarn on my doughnut.

And here I was thinking he was worried about keeping his mittens clean, all along he was worrying he would be getting yarn on his precious doughnut.

No comments:

Post a Comment