My Blog List

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Knitting

I've been slacking a bit on the Thankful posts, weekends are always crazy, and then Monday I just plain forgot.

Today I am thankful for knitting!

It still amazes me after nearly 3 years of knitting, that I can create things from nothing more than yarn, needles and my brain. It's just so neat!

Not to mention relaxing, I'm not sure I would have survived this long through motherhood if I didn't find a hobby as relaxing as knitting.

Unlike sewing, one of my older hobbies, I can carry it with me, set it down in the middle of working on it, work on it while watching a movie, playing with kids, even reading a story. It's such an accommodating hobby which is key when my life isn't exactly predictable and rigid.

Elise is being a stubborn model today, so no pictures of her new sweater just yet, but I promise to get at least one good one of it on Thanksgiving. 

No comments:

Post a Comment