My Blog List

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Anthony

Oops I forgot to post yesterday. I ended up working for a few hours which I normally don't do on Monday's and it threw my evening schedule off!

Anyway, you may have noticed I don't post about Anthony very often. It's not because he isn't awesome and worth posting about...it's because he hates when I write about him in my blog.

But lately he's been extra awesome, so I have to be extra thankful for him.

I sometimes hear other mom's complain that their husbands don't spend enough time with their kids, or know how to take care of their kids, or help out around the house. I guess it just seemed normal to me that a husband and dad would do all of these things, I had a pretty awesome dad too!


In the last few weeks Anthony has watched all 3 kids (and took them to mass!) while I was helping with the Life Teen retreat. He's made them dinner, fed them and put them to bed 4 of the last 6 nights alone while I was either teaching ballet, helping with Life Teen or even while I got to go paint some pottery with other mom's last week.

He not only changes diapers (which I have heard some dad's won't do) but he changes cloth diapers AND sprays them for me. The few times we've had to use disposable diapers, he comments that he can't wait until we can use "real" diapers again.

He holds the baby in the evenings so I can get some knitting done.


He cleans up around the house, and while I do more by default since I am here all day, he helps out when he's home and there is more work to do.

He knows HOW to clean up around the house, do laundry and cook. I am shocked at the number of adult men who somehow do not have these skills! I never have to worry about leaving him, because he knows how to take care of the kids and the house as well as I do. It's not my house and kids, they are ours.

He even cut the boys hair this week. I've done it before, but he's just so much better at it than I am, I'm glad when he is the one to do it.

And there are a million more reasons I love him, but these are the ones that have popped out in the last week or so. Things that maybe not everyone thinks of as "normal" but things I sometimes take for granted because they have become so normal for us.

And now there will probably not be an Anthony post for a long time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment