My Blog List

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Pumpkin Spice

This recipe doesn't actually have pumpkin in it, but is definitely useful when cooking with pumpkin.

I don't know about you, but I kind of go through a lot of pumpkin spice, and those little tiny spice containers that it comes in just are not cutting it for me. Luckily for me (and you now too!) pumpkin spice is really just a blend of cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, and ginger.

With this basic recipe you can either mix up your own spice so you always have it ready to go, or just use the simple ratio of spices to each other to figure out how much of each you need to substitute for recipes that call for pumpkin spice.

1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ginger
1/8 teaspoon cloves
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg

Stir together and you have 1 teaspoon of pumpkin spice!

No comments:

Post a Comment