My Blog List

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Pumpkin Smoothie

I'm fully recovered from the party this weekend (a post about the Green Eggs and Ham fun we had coming soon!) and back to pumpkins.

Sunday's I help with our parish Life Teen group, and while I love being a part of the group, there is one small thing I do not like. Sunday dinner.

Mass is at 5:30, we come to help set up no later than 4:45 and I am not home for the night until nearly 9. So eating becomes a little problematic. There is a snack at the night, but it's barely enough to keep me from wanting to eat everything in the kitchen by the time I finally get home.

Today I decided to make myself a snack to eat (or drink) on the way in hopes of not dying of starvation on the drive home.

Most smoothies call for yogurt or at least a banana or something...which I of course didn't have. But I was determined to make this work anyway with what I had in the fridge.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
2/3 cup milk
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
Ice


Throw everything but the ice into the blender and blend until smooth, then add little bits of ice at a time until it is as thick as you would like. Pour into a cup and enjoy! It's like pumpkin pie in a glass. You can add more or less sugar too, depending on how sweet you would like it to be.

It wasn't as smooth and creamy as I would have loved in a smoothie, but definitely tasty and nice and thick with enough ice.

And best of all, while I was still hungry by the time I got home, I wasn't ready to eat my own arm on the car ride home.

No comments:

Post a Comment