My Blog List

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Pumpkin Pie Pudding

I love pudding, not as much as I love pumpkin, but I still love it. I was really excited when I found this recipe, and it made a great dessert for the boys and I after dinner tonight! (Anthony doesn't like pumpkin or dessert, so his loss)

I followed it exactly, only we didn't put any nuts on top. #1 because we don't really like nuts, and #2 because we didn't have any.

Ingredients

  • 1/2 cup sugar, divided
  • 2 tablespoons cornstarch
  • 1 3/4 cups 1% low-fat milk
  • 1 large egg
  • 1/2 cup canned unsweetened pumpkin
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • Cooking spray
  • 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
  • Dash of salt
  • 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream

Preparation

  • 1. Combine 6 tablespoons sugar and 2 tablespoons cornstarch in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Combine milk and egg, stirring well with a whisk. Gradually add milk mixture to sugar mixture, stirring constantly, and bring to a boil. Cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
  • 2. Combine pumpkin and the next 4 ingredients (through ground nutmeg) in a bowl, stirring well. Slowly add pumpkin mixture to milk mixture, whisking constantly. Place pan over low heat, and cook for 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring constantly (do not boil). Divide pudding evenly among 4 dessert bowls, and cover surface of pudding with plastic wrap. Chill.


It was delicious and creamy, much better than store bought pumpkin pie pudding I have had before. This tasted much more like real pumpkin pie!


No comments:

Post a Comment