I started with a basic recipe for pancake mix, and then added my pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice, easy! If you want to make it even easier, you could start with a boxed mix.
Here is my recipe for easy pancake mix
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
You will need
- 2 eggs, separated
- 2 cups buttermilk (if you don't have buttermilk, make your own!)
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 cups of pancake mix
- Butter for greasing the skillet
- 1 cup of pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon of pumpkin spice
In another bowl whisk the egg yokes and the melted butter
Combine bowls and whisk together
Pour the liquid mixture on top of your pancake mix and mix together, it will be a little lumpy, getting out all of the lumps is not necessary.
Add your pumpkin and spices and mix again.
Cook just like you would any other pancakes!
If you REALLY want some pumpkin flavor, serve with pumpkin spice syrup on top.
|Pankcakes lightly drizzled with pumpkin spice syrup mmmmm|