My Blog List

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Pumpkin Pancakes

Today I woke up and decided we needed some pumpkin pancakes.

I started with a basic recipe for pancake mix, and then added my pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice, easy! If you want to make it even easier, you could start with a boxed mix.

Here is my recipe for easy pancake mix

  • 6 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 3 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 tablespoon salt
  • 2 tablespoons sugar
This will make you 3 batches of pancakes, below is the recipe for 1 batch of pumpkin pancakes
You will need

  • 2 eggs, separated
  • 2 cups buttermilk (if you don't have buttermilk, make your own!)
  • 4 tablespoons melted butter
  • 2 cups of pancake mix
  • Butter for greasing the skillet
  • 1 cup of pumpkin puree
  • 1 tablespoon of pumpkin spice
In one bowl whisk the egg white and the buttermilk

In another bowl whisk the egg yokes and the melted butter

Combine bowls and whisk together

Pour the liquid mixture on top of your pancake mix and mix together, it will be a little lumpy, getting out all of the lumps is not necessary.

Add your pumpkin and spices and mix again.

Cook just like you would any other pancakes!

If you REALLY want some pumpkin flavor, serve with pumpkin spice syrup on top.

Pankcakes lightly drizzled with pumpkin spice syrup mmmmm






3 comments:

  1. soooo we totally ate pumpkin pancakes for breakfast this morning that I made over the weekend. I think that tomorrow I am adding some pumpkin spices to our syrup. mmmm. I think your next post should be pumpkin ravioli...doesn't that sound yummy? http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/pumpkin-ravioli/detail.aspx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that looks good! Adding that to my list for next week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think my kids may be orange by the time this months is over! It's only the 5th and we've gone through almost 50oz of pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete