My Blog List

Friday, October 7, 2011

Pumpkin Oreo Cheesecake

Never has something so tasty, been so incredibly easy. If you ever wanted to make cheesecake, but were a little intimidated, this recipe is for you.

Here is the blog I took the recipe from, I just made a few *slight* changes to my own version. And she has some pretty pictures, mine are not as pretty
______________________________________________________________________________

2-8 oz pkgs. cream cheese, softened
1/2 c. sugar
2 eggs
2 tbsp. sour cream
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 c. canned pumpkin
Oreos
whipped cream

Preheat oven to 350* Place cupcake liners in a muffin pan. Beat the cream cheese until creamy. Add the sugar and cream again. Add the eggs one at a time beating after each one. Add the rest of the ingredients and beat again. Place one whole oreo in the bottom of the cupcake liners and fill up the liner 3/4 full with the cheesecake batter. Push another whole oreo into the top of the batter. Bake for 20-22 minutes. Cool in pan for 15-20 min before removing and placing on a wire rack to finish cooling. Keep refrigerated. Top with whipped cream and oreo sprinkles before serving. Makes 24.
_______________________________________________________________________________
I didn't have any sour cream, so I looked up some substitutes, I had no idea there were so many subs for sour cream!

I went the buttermilk route since that's what I had on hand. Yogurt probably would have been the best, but I didn't have any of that either.

I only used one Oreo in the bottom, instead of putting a second on a top. I thought it might be too much Oreo to have 2 per cheesecake, but mostly I just didn't want to buy two packages of Oreos. Looking at them now that they are finished, I definitely wouldn't add a second Oreo unless you wanted cheesecake covered Oreos instead of Oreo cheesecake.

Oh and I used Halloween Oreos, because how could you not? 

And mine are not orange. She must had added food coloring to hers, because I just don't think it is possible to have cheesecake THAT orange without food coloring.

I wasn't overly worried about my cheesecakes cracking, and if you put whipped cream on top (forgot to get some today!) you won't even notice. BUT if cracked cheesecakes bother you, then you need to cool them off slooooooowly, so turn the oven off for the last 2 minutes, then open the oven door and leave them in the oven for 5 more minutes, then finally take them out of the oven and let them cool for 10-15 minutes in the muffin pan before moving them to a wire cooling rack.

It really is that easy.






No comments:

Post a Comment