My Blog List

Monday, October 31, 2011

Pumpkin Cornbread Muffins

Alright, so I didn't make something with pumpkin EVERY day, but 20 out of 31 isn't too bad either. I even forgot to post about the pumpkin things we did that were not recipes, so it's probably even closer to 25.

I didn't have anything planned to make today, as usual I just got busy.

My parents are coming over tonight for our annual Halloween chili party (were skipping trick or treating since we went last week and at 3 and 4 they have no idea when Halloween actually is!), and since the kids were behaving (key word there is "were") I threw together some quick pumpkin cornbread and honey butter to go with our chili. I haven't tasted any of this yet, but they smell great!

Most pumpkin cornbread recipes I saw called for molasses, which I just don't have. The only time I have ever used molasses is to make gingerbread, and it's just not that time of year quite yet.

I finally found this one, and I had all of the ingredients, like I said, it smells great!

I left the pecans out of mine because I neither like nor have any pecans.

It is nearly impossible to take a non blurry picture with a baby on your back

I haven't tried any of this yet, so I will let you know how they tasted after dinner!

*Edit* They were delicious! I actually liked them a lot more then regular corn muffins. The pumpkin made them nice and moist. With some honey butter on top they were perfect!

1 comment:

  1. Super impressed by your pumpkin amazing-ness. Happy Halloween! Hope your cornbread pumpkins were delish :)

    ReplyDelete