My Blog List

Monday, October 10, 2011

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffin

Yes that's right, "muffin" not "muffins". This recipe is for 1 muffin. Since I STILL have pumpkin oreo cheesecake in my fridge, I needed something that wasn't going to add to the desserts I will end up eating myself.

If I haven't mentioned it yet, Anthony hates dessert. He did say he would have liked my pumpkin cheesecake if not for the oreos. Maybe I will make him a plain old pumpkin cheesecake this weekend.

Anyway. Recipe for one muffin, but I am going to make 3 so that the boys can have some too for a snack this afternoon.
Edit: tripling the recipe gave me enough for 2 muffins in mugs.

Another great thing about this recipe is that you can cook it in the microwave! There are oven directions too (same as microwave, but cook at 330 degrees in the oven)

Very simple recipe, from this blog which looks to have lots of other great ideas!

I changed mine a bit since this is a dairy free/could be gluten free/could use natural sweetener recipe, and I fully intend to use dairy, gluten and plain old white sugar. But if you are interested in the other version, check out her blog!

  • 3 T flour
  • 1 T canned pumpkin
  • pinch cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
  • 1/4 tsp baking powder
  • heaping 1/16 tsp salt
  • 1/2 T or more chocolate chips
  • 1T sugar
  • 1 T plus 1 tsp milk
  • 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
Directions:  Mix the ingredients and pour into a mug or another microwave safe dish. Smooth top of batter. Cook in the microwave for 2-3 minutes.

I forgot to smooth mine out before baking, but topped with some buttercream frosting and sprinkles, you would never know.

It was a nice day, so we ate our snack out on the patio!





No comments:

Post a Comment