My Blog List

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Pumpkin Bread in a Bowl

I had planned on making Pumpkin bread today and making this recipe for breakfast tomorrow, but the more I looked at it, the more I wanted it. Until I just couldn't take it anymore and I had to make it now.

It's from the same blog I used yesterday, and once again there are ways to make it gluten and dairy free, but since I don't need to do that, I didn't.

Ingredients:
  • 1/3 c pureed pumpkin
  • 3/4 c milk
  • 1 cup Corn Flakes
  • 1/4 to 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/8 tsp salt 
  • 1 tsp sugar (you can adjust this based on your own preference)
Throw it all in the blender or food processor until blended, then pour into a bowl (mine is in a large mug) and put in the refrigerator for at least 10 minutes so it can thicken up.

She suggests adding chopped nuts or chocolate chips if you want, I'm just eating mine plain.

And I think this is my new favorite breakfast/healthy filling snack. I'll be eating this every morning as long as I have pumpkin! This has an interesting texture as it is not smooth, but not crunchy, probably exactly how you could imagine soggy crushed up corn flakes tasting. It's such a great flavor, and so filling it doesn't bother me, but if you have texture issues, this is probably not for you.

And, another plus Elise LOVES it. We shared my mug :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment