My Blog List

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Who is this crazy baby?

So even though Elise has been decidedly against napping lately, she is by far my easiest baby at night.

The normal night time routine goes something like this:

Sara and Anthony: "Hmmm I think I want to go to bed now"
get into bed, latch baby on, and she is out in less than 2 minutes and sleeps all night long.
I know her eyes look slightly opened, but she's passed out.

Tonight I found some Pumpkin Spice Chai and got way too excited and had to make myself a mug immediately. If you are following me on Pinterest, you know what I mean. I have more than a slight obsession with pumpkin. Add pumpkin to just about anything and I'm there.

So I'm drinking my Chai, watching some "How I Met Your Mother". Life is good.

Anthony says "hmmm I think I want to go to bed now"

We get into bed, latch the baby on and 2 minutes later instead of a sleeping baby she is laughing. Laughing. The baby who rarely laughs (very happy, but stingy with the laughing) cannot stop laughing. And blowing raspberries, and singing, with the occasionally high pitched happy baby shriek thrown in.

I look down and tell her it's time for bed...and she smacks me in the face...and laughs. This is now a game.

Anthony rolls over trying to ignore the fact that there is a laughing flailing baby in our bed, which only reminds her that he is there too. And now ALL she wants to do is pull the blanket off of his head and smack him in the face too.

At this point we were banished from the bedroom because we're obviously not going to bed anytime soon. The laughing and smacking is continuing from the dinning room table.
Temporarily mesmerized by the webcam

So no more Pumpkin Spice Chai for me :( Unless of course I have some reason in the future to have to keep her awake.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh I am rolling laughing! I know of the laughing baby at bedtime syndrome! I just love her! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. If Anthony hadn't wanted to sleep so badly, I would have probably been laughing with her! Silly girl.

    ReplyDelete