My Blog List

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

4 years ago, right at this time, I was getting ready for bed for the last time without a baby. I had no idea that in a few hours I'd wake up with contractions, and start getting ready to go to the hospital.

We had just moved into our brand new little home on Labor Day, and being almost 9 months pregnant I was a little slow at unpacking and putting things away. The carpet cleaners were coming in the morning so I spent the whole day and that evening at least getting all of the boxes off of the carpets. I way overdid it.

At midnight I woke up with some contractions, I had them pretty often at this point, so it didn't bother me too much. But after an hour they were only getting closer together and I wasn't sleeping anymore so I woke up Anthony and called my dr.

By the time we packed a bag (I had barely unpacked my house much less packed a hospital bag!) and drove to the hospital my water had broken and we were just a couple of hours away from meeting our little guy!

At 7:35am, after and hour of pushing and a broken tailbone, Nathan Michael Mion was born. He weighed 8lbs 1oz and was 21" long. He had a TON of red hair that the nurses played with until it stuck up in a Mohawk for weeks.




Tonight before bed we watched videos since he was born, it is amazing how much he has grown up in the last 4 years.

1st birthday


2nd birthday
3rd birthday
and my big 4 year old!
He is such a great big brother, and awesome helper. Some days I'm not sure how I could handle the other 2 without his help. I've loved watching this little guy grow over the last 4 years, and I can't wait to see the person he becomes!

Happy Birthday Nathan! We love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment