My Blog List

Monday, August 29, 2011

Back to normal

Anthony is home from Canada! yay! He woke me up around 6:30 Friday morning by trying to break into our house since his keys were inside with me. After being freaked out for about 2 seconds, then realizing it was him, I am happy to know that my crazy obsession with walking around the house and locking every single door before bed would actually keep someone out.

We are so happy to have him home, and it's been nice the last few days to talk to another grown up again about the silly things our kids do, or just about life in general. In the few days he has been home though, I have noticed a few things.

1. We eat SO much less food without him around. I think I only cooked dinner twice last week and we still had leftovers after eating the leftovers.

2. There is a lot less laundry with one less person here. I was so proud of myself for keeping up with laundry (and actually putting it away the same day too!) all last week, and now it's suddenly as though in 3 days our laundry room exploded again. Guess what I'm doing today?

3. My internet works faster when Anthony is gone. His constant loading of his favorite songs on youtube slows down the internet...a lot.

But most importantly 4. We all seem to have more patience when we are together. We can divide and conquer when a problem arises instead of scrambling to do it all myself. Bed times goes more quickly and smoothly. Clean up at the end of the day takes half the time. I'm not stressed out and tired at the end of the day, but ready to sit down, relax and enjoy spending time together.

We're so happy to have him home again! I probably took too much time enjoying the company and the extra help back this weekend, so now I need to play catch up, but it was definitely worth it after a week alone.

1 comment:

  1. oh and my camera is home! (though I can't find it) so more pictures coming soon!

    ReplyDelete