My Blog List

Friday, July 8, 2011

I'm just...

Noah says a lot of things that Nathan says, it's hard to have strictly "Noah sayings" because 99.9% of his vocabulary or way of speaking comes directly from his older brother. There is however one thing he says that Nathan never did "I just..." Right around the time Elise was born he would walk around saying "I just, I just...want noatmeal" (which of course is the proper way to say oatmeal) Here's Noah's newest "I just" moment.

I am finishing up cooking dinner, covering things up to keep them warm, putting away ingredients that I no longer need. I sat down for a minute to drink some water and Noah quietly crept around the corner thinking that I couldn't see him.

I heard him make some noise, then he got very very quiet...which is never good.

I quickly jumped up to see what he was doing, and as I rounded the corner I saw he was standing on a chair at the kitchen table, with a big bowl of rice eating it by the handful.

When I asked what he was doing he told me "I'm just eating some stir fry" and went back to shoveling rice into his mouth.What a silly question.

For such a tiny little guy he sure has a big stomach, and enjoys such a wide range of foods. Hopefully next time though he'll ask me for a plate.

*luckily this was left over rice, and not part of our dinner or maybe I wouldn't have thought it was quite so cute and funny

No comments:

Post a Comment