My Blog List

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Be Still

We are leaving for vacation today to spend a wonderful week with family riding rides at Cedar Point, hiking, fishing, swimming and I'm sure tons of other things. Please don't break into my house while we are gone, we have several people watching it who would probably not be happy to see you. Have I blogged yet about our neighbors who like to shoot things? ;)

But in all of the craziness of sharing a house with 20+ other people, and the time we will spend in a loud amusement park, I am going to challenge myself to spend at least 15 minutes a day to just be still. I originally wanted an hour, but with 3 kids, I'm not sure that is very realistic. And who needs to be stressed out about scheduling in their quiet time?

It's easy to get caught up in everything that is always going on, tv, radio, computers, laughing children, crying children, screaming children, dishes, laundry, cleaning, cooking. It is much much harder to do nothing. But I think it is important to take time to be still and listen.

I often spend my prayer time telling Go what I want, or am struggling with, or who I would like to pray for. But the most fruitful prayer always comes from the times I am still and willing to put aside my own thoughts and just listen to what he has to say to me.

So pray for me this week, that I make (or find) the time to be still.

No comments:

Post a Comment