My Blog List

Friday, May 20, 2011

Sweeping like a Baby

Yesterday I was cleaning up in the kitchen at the end of the day. Elise was in her bouncer seat, Noah was running around in circles messing up my dust pile "on accident" every time he ran through, and Nathan was just following me around watching me.

As I picked up the broom to once again sweep up the pile Noah messed up and then move on to the dining room area, Nathan stopped me and said "Mom, you finish making our meatballs, Noah will do the dishes (I'd love to see this one) and I will finish sweeping" I took him up on his offer and handed him the broom.

I asked if he liked to sweep (silly question, he has his own child size broom after claiming my broom as his own soon after learning to walk) and he said "yes mom, I'm the best sweeper. I'm the best sweeper just like baby Elise"
My sweeper


Um, alright. I wasn't quite sure how to respond to that. "What are you talking about Nathan?" "Mom, baby Elise is the best sweeper. I am the best sweeper too."

It's then when I realized that all of those times I had told people what a great SLEEPER Elise was, he was hearing SWEEPER. He thought his sister was just awesome at sweeping.

I think it was at that same moment Nathan realized that I had not in fact been saying sweeper, as he looked at me sort of awkwardly and said "um, never mind" and went back to his sweeping like nothing had happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment