My Blog List

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Running

Let me preface this post by saying that I am NOT a runner. Did you hear that? I know my last name may be Mion*, but that in no way helps my running. If anything it sort of makes it worse because people look at me and say "So are you a runner too?" and I have to answer them "no."
*For those of you unfamiliar, my husband was a 2 time state champion and ran for Columbia, my BIL and SIL both ran at states, and pretty much everyone in their family has run for fun or competitively at some point. 


But recently I have started running, or kind of jogging mixed with walking. But I call it running because that sounds cooler.

And you know what? It feels awful. My legs hurt, I can't breathe, and I am just really really bad at it.

But when I'm done? I feel amazing, and being done with running is why I keep doing it. It's kind of like when your house is cold and drafty in the winter, but being outside in the snow for 10 minutes makes your house feel warm and cozy. Running and not being able to breathe makes me appreciate breathing and walking afterwards.

And the real reason I'm doing it all? To get back into some sort of shape. Not the "you look good...for having 3 kids" sort of shape. But just looking and feeling good for a normal person.

Oh and so my clothes fit. I'm cheap, and I don't feel like buying new summer clothes. I want to wear the ones I already have that are just a *little* too tight.

I think I might even run a 5K on vacation (my deadline for being in super awesome shape), there just happens to be one a Cedar Point the first full day of vacation. If that isn't a sign, I don't know what is. 

So I'm going to keep on doing it, even though my body yells at me the whole time telling me to stop. I'm just going to ignore it and keep on going.

1 comment:

  1. I hear ya with the motivation to fit into pre-pregnancy clothes to avoid having to buy a new wardrobe. I'm pretty sure that was my main motivation when I got back into running. Good luck with your training for the 5k! :)

    ReplyDelete