My Blog List

Monday, April 11, 2011

Yep, I've lost my mind

I know Monday posts are supposed to be about my kids, but they are taking turns climbing on furniture and then consoling each other when I scold them for climbing on the furniture, so I don't feel like writing about then today
 
We don't typically keep our chairs sideways, but the arm rest needs a repair before we put it right side up again.


Right after we moved in my mom brought me a pussy willow branch so I could start to decorate for spring. Looking at my branch it seemed to be missing something. I know this sounds completely crazy, but remember I don't have a car and spend 24 hours a day home with 3 kids 3 and under. I have to do something to amuse myself.
Doesn't it look just a little empty?


That's when I stumbled across this http://easymakesmehappy.blogspot.com/2010/05/crocheted-leaves-for-naked-branch.html I knew I had to make some for my branch, the only problem is, I have no idea how to crochet. I don't even own a crochet hook.

My mom hooked me up (lol) and brought over some crochet hooks for me, I worked my way through some basic crochet techniques and made my branch some pretty leaves

Don't look too closely, this is my first crochet project ever!

I love the way these brightened up the kitchen and got me in the mood for spring
I just need to find a better way to keep them on as after a day or so the tape is not holding up so well.

No comments:

Post a Comment