My Blog List

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Sleeping like a baby

This is a phrase that has always confused me.

When Nathan was a baby it meant: Fall asleep only while nursing, must be touching something warm to stay asleep, and have head elevated or else I will spit up everywhere, start to choke and wake up...and then you will have to start all over.

For Noah it meant...who am I kidding, Noah never slept as a baby unless he was latched on, and even then it was iffy.

But suddenly I have a baby who sleeps and it all makes sense. THIS is what I have been missing out on?! Now don't get me wrong, she doesn't sleep through the night (most nights) and she still sleeps in bed with us and loves to be warm and cuddle, but she sleeps! And her naps are wonderful.

Just now I put the boys down for naps, fed Elise, put her in her swing and then sat back and watched. She made a few sounds, wiggled around a little bit, and then slowly started closing her eyes. I am in awe every time a see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment