My Blog List

Friday, April 22, 2011

...have mercy on us, and on the whole world.

Since the moment I knew who she was, St. Faustina has held a special place in my life.

In 2002, when I was 18 I had the life changing opportunity to attend World Youth Day in Toronto, Canada. And see Pope John Paul II, almost 9 years later I still have a hard time finding the words to describe just how profound this experience was...but that's a post for another time.


I was on a mission while I was there to find something small (and cheap) that I could buy and have blessed by the Pope to be able to share with family and friends when I returned home. There were all sorts of things I could have bought, but I ended up with a bunch of small medals of a polish Saint that I had never heard of, St Faustina. This was the first time she entered my life.

I looked her up when I got home, and was amazed by her story. A young nun who Jesus appeared to for several years, and shared how he wanted to share his mercy with others if only they ask.

Several years later I began reading her diary, a 600 page record of her time spent with Jesus including his words and her reflections on his message. Even though I was discouraged by others from reading it in this way (because of it's volume) I read it front to back. What a beautiful example she was of someone surrendering to God's will, even when it's not the easiest thing to do and others do not believe you.

Jesus wants us to know his mercy and love and to become united with him.

The baby is crying so my time to finish up my thoughts is more limited than I'd like

Divine Mercy Sunday is the Sunday following Easter, on this year May 1st. A beautiful novena for the Divine Mercy begins today on Good Friday, http://www.ewtn.com/devotionals/mercy/novena.htm

Jesus, I trust in You.

No comments:

Post a Comment