My Blog List

Monday, April 25, 2011

Happy Easter!

Happy Monday, and Happy Easter!

We had a wonderful weekend with family, and I did not take nearly enough pictures. I know Monday's are supposed to be about "small moments", but Easter is just too big not to post about!

We started off Easter by going to the vigil as I have for years and years, but this year we left the boys at home. In some ways I kind of feel like a bad mom not even taking my kids to church for Easter, but it was the first mass in a while where Anthony and I could really focus on the celebrating instead of trying to explain to Nathan why yelling "I don't want to see Jesus!" wasn't really appropriate for mass, or getting Noah to understand that the pews are not a playground. Anyway, as different as it was it was a great mass.

Sunday morning we woke up and gave the boys their baskets, I'm fairly certain they forgot that you get things on Easter, so it was a pretty big treat for them.

I finished up Elise's sweater that morning and Noah's while sitting in my grandparents living room. Talk about cutting it close. And of course, I forgot to take a single picture of them wearing their sweaters. My solution is to have them wear them again this Sunday and snap a picture then :)

We were able to visit with all of our family this year, something we don't always get to do. Though  our time was limited at each house, it was great to be able to celebrate with everyone for once.

We ate great food, too much candy, and spent lots of time talking and laughing with (and at) each other.

Though the boys cried when it was time to go to bed, they were asleep within minutes. Snuggling with their new books in bed.

While I forgot to take hardly any pictures (someone needs to remind me I have a camera one of these holidays!) We did snap a few to at least commemorate the holiday. Here is one of my favorites Anthony got of Noah and his (Anthony's) grandma

Now were eating a giant rice krispie treat bunny for breakfast, but it's better than chocolate right?

No comments:

Post a Comment