My Blog List

Monday, January 24, 2011

The baby who wouldn't come out, and why I've decided not to care.

Well I'm here, at the hospital. Still pregnant, still in labor. We are getting ready to finish 15 hours of labor, that's steady labor, with contractions 2-3 minutes apart the whole time. And as I'm sitting here in my hospital bed, debating between trying to sleep (which is impossible because of previously mentioned contractions) and getting up and moving around (nearly impossible because of lack of sleep I am experiencing at 3:45 in the morning) I can't help but think about the significance of having a baby right now, on this day. Of experiencing labor 3 times as long as what I would have thought of as normal for me.

You see, as I am typing this, many people are on their way to Washington DC to march outside in the freezing cold to show how much they love and support LIFE. All life, from conception to natural death, but especially on this weekend of the anniversary of Roe v Wade, the lives of those who were lost to a choice. Those who did not have a voice to speak out on their own. Those who were aborted before they had a life outside of the womb.

So I've decided, as long as I am here in labor, however long that takes, I'm offering up my suffering (and frankly at this point boredom) for other mother's who are pregnant, for other babies in the womb, and for those soul's that did not get a chance to be were my baby is now, ready to be born into the world.

While I hope it's soon, I also hope that this time can be used to make a difference. While I can't be there in Washington today showing my support, I'm having my own sort of March for Life right here.

"America you are beautiful . . . and blessed . . . . The ultimate test of your greatness is the way you treat every human being, but especially the weakest and most defenseless. If you want equal justice for all and true freedom and lasting peace, then America, defend life."
- Pope John Paul II

No comments:

Post a Comment