My Blog List

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Making diapers fun

So very shortly after even beginning to use cloth diapers, I now have an obsession with making them! I really had no desire to at first, the stuff I could buy would be much better than anything I could make, and I had no idea how to do it. But then I started thinking about the new baby and how these diapers we bought would not fit him until he was about 10 pounds. So for the first month I would either have to go back to disposables, or buy diapers that I would only use for a month. I wasn't really a huge fan of either option. So just for fun I started looking for some free patterns.

I found one that I adapted a little because I didn't like the leg gussets, and I have been obsessed with making diapers for the last 4 days! I think I have finally gotten the hang of it and last night I made really cute matching diapers for Nathan and the new baby



It's so much fun to be sewing again and using all kinds of cute prints to make the diapers, plus since it's actually saving us money I feel like I am being productive even though I am really just having fun. It's the perfect size project too, because they don't take that long to make. I finished almost 4 diapers yesterday just during Nathan's naps an after he went to bed. I love having a hobby again!

1 comment:

  1. Sad girl. Diapers as a hobby!
    But seriously, I am so proud of your work!
    Ok, here's something funny: your post appeared in my bloglines feed but I didn't pay attention to who wrote it. I saw the photo of the two diapers and said, "HEY, those look like the ones Sara made!" DUH.

    ReplyDelete