My Blog List

Monday, February 25, 2008

Eary Monday Morning

Today I was supposed to be at a teacher in-service, but as it turns out my babysitter's daughter is sick. So instead Nathan and I are both staying home today and resting up from our busy weekend!


I have really been wanting to get out of the house lately, the winter is getting to me. I think more so this year than others just because it's harder to go out with Nathan so I usually opt to stay inside. I was starting to feel like the only places I ever saw were my house, the church and the school (which in case you didn't know is attached to the church!). So Saturday when the usual weekend question of "So, what do you want to do today?" was posed I decided that I wanted to go to the Cleveland Museum of Natural History! I haven't been in years, Anthony couldn't remember if he had ever been, and this was Nathan's first trip to a museum. He loved it! We put him in his stroller without the car seat base and he really liked being able to look around and see everything a little better. It was a much needed break from the house for both of us.

Saturday night we finally had my parents over for dinner after being married for a year and a half. It was a lot of fun until Nathan decided that he hates sleeping. This little trend has continued since then. He gets really really hyper and then cries and won't sleep. I guess I'm not catching his tired signs in enough time, but it's really hard for him to settle down when there are other people around!



Sunday we got some things done around the house after mass and then went to Noah's basketball game at JAR arena at the University of Akron. He was really excited to be playing at such a big arena and the won there game right at the very end thanks to a couple of points scored by Noah! Nathan really likes watching basketball (probably more than Anthony and myself), he actually watches where the ball goes and pays attention to what is happening even if he has no idea what any of it means. It's always a nice way to get out and see people because the game is so entertaining to him.


So that was our weekend, and now it's 6:45 on a Monday morning and I no longer have anywhere to go! I think Nathan and I are going to go back to bed for a while and re-start the day in a couple of hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment