My Blog List

Friday, February 29, 2008

Children's music discoveries

Nathan loves when Anthony and I sing to him, he gets really excited and smiles. So yesterday I was running out of songs to sing, and quickly getting sick of singing the same songs over and over again. So I decided to look up some of my childhood favorites online, and I have fallen in love with these songs all over again!!


First we checked out Joe Scruggs, my personal favorite cd's are "Late Last Night" and "Traffic Jams" I was suprised at how many of the words I still remembered from when I was little! I always have had an eaiser time remembering songs or things music oriented. Nathan will definitely be receiving at least one of those cd's in his Easter basket this year!


Today we moved on to Sharon, Lois and Bram. I was disapointed at first that I couldn't find any of their songs online aside from clips, but then I went to youtube and found entire episodes of "The Elepahnt Show"!!! Nathan was in love because he loves music and singing, especially when mom is singing along and knows all of the words. Unfortunatly for me, his attention span is 10 minutes at most and I really wanted to watch the whole 30 minute show! I guess that just means more to watch later.


I wish that children's music today was as great as it was when I was a kid. I really don't get into the whole "Wiggles" phenomenon. I guess it's ok, but I love the classics I grew up with. I do like Laurie Berkner, I think her stuff is has the same classic style of easy to sing and listen too along with great controlled movements for kids. I am really loving this being a mom thing and reliving all of my childhood fun through Nathan!

No comments:

Post a Comment